"I was so inspired by her pale pink Marchesa dress and the dripping beads. I wanted to create a hairstyle that was a cross between Audrey Hepburn and a ballerina. Pulling Hailee's hair up really showed off her neck and having the hair show from the front gave the illusion of elongating her like a ballerina. The headband made the look young and age appropriate," says celebrity stylist Jenny Cho.
Below, Cho shares how to recreate Hailee Steinfeld's Oscars updo (for under $12!):
1. Layer Suave Professionals Heat Protection Spray (to protect hair from heat) and Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream to damp hair and blow dry with a mixed bristle brush to smooth hair and help fight any unwanted frizz and flyways.
2. Make a high ponytail using a brush to smooth as you go.
3. Spit the ponytail into two. Spray Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Lightweight Hold Hairspray to the two sections and tie a knot as if you're making a bow. Keep knotting until you run out of hair. Secure with bobby pins and "U" shaped pins.
4. Spray hairspray to a toothbrush and brush back any flyaways to define and polish the look. Mist entire look with hairspray and spritz Suave Professionals Vibrant Shine Spray to finish the look.
5. For an added bit of glam, add a glittery headband.