Celebrity stylist Sally Hershberger shares her top tips and tricks for winter-worn tresses:
Concern #1: Flyaways
• To fight flyaways caused by dry winter weather, rub unscented dryer sheets on your head to neutralize the hair and calm flyaways (*must use unscented)
• Apply a finishing spray, such as my Star Shine, on dry hair for a smooth finish while adding shine.
Concern #2: Volume
• Apply a volumizing hairspray, such as my Body Fix, to add lift and fullness to the hair. The unique formula allows you to control the fullness of a style with your fingertips. The more you work the product into the hair, the bigger the style.
• When blow-drying hair, use a big round brush and start drying from the nape of the neck, working your way up to really build the style.
Concern #3: Damage
• Apply a moisturizing styling aid to lock in moisture and protect hair from thermal styling.
• Apply a keratin-based, spray-on product to dry or damp hair, and comb through from root to tip to seal split ends and lock in moisture.
• Squeeze a small amount of a cream-based aid, like my Soft Touch Shaping Cream, into palms and lightly run hands through dry hair for immediately smooth and frizz-free strands.
Have any go-to products or styling tricks of your own? Do share!