Peter Som put the petal to the metal at his Spring 2012 show with bright bold colors, patterns, and graphic prints juxtaposed with inherently feminine pieces and silhouettes. To complement the collection, the hair and makeup had a rock and roll edge. Here, Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling gives a step-by-step guide about how to achieve this look:
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Enrich shampoo, conditioner, and treatment to moisturize dry or damaged hair. This regimen strengthens hair against damage, while leaving hair shiny and smooth without weighing it down.
2. Prime wet hair for style with Velvet Amplifier, which prepares hair to maximize the benefits of styling products.
3. Blow out hair with a large round brush to create volume and movement, then lightly mist dry hair with Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray.
4. Create a deep side part with hair swooping over the side of the face and pin hair underneath to keep it in place.
5. Using a large barrel curling iron, set several curls in place with remaining hair down the center of the head for added lift.
6. Unravel the curls and tousle with your hand after a few sprays of Ocean Spritz to create a light, textured feel.