Recreate Nicole Richie's retro-inspired look with this step-by-step guide, courtesy of celebrity stylist Andy Lecompte:
1. To start, apply Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray to each section of already-dry hair to leave it soft, shiny and manageable before smoothing out locks with a flat iron.
2. Next, pull a mo-hawk section of the hair up and away while pulling the rest of the hair into a super high pony with two elastics at the crown of the head for extra volume.
3. Release the mo-hawk section of the hair and lightly blast with a blow dryer to find a part and smooth out any kinks.
4. Lightly shake out the top section of the hair to let face-framing fringe fall, then separate the remaining hair into two sections on both sides of the head.
5. One at a time, wrap the sections around the pony pin one at a time and secure with hair pins to hide the elastic and give shape to the head.
6. Smooth fly-aways and set the look with a light mist of Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray. Add shine using Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray.