Joe Alvarez UK/Splash News, Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images
Q: I'm a big fan of Reese Witherspoon and Ashley Olsen's honey-hued highlights. How can I create the same effect on a limited budget?
— Claire B., New York, NY
A: Thank you for your query, Claire! I've asked celebrity styist Lorri Goddard-Clark to share her pro tips & tricks on how to achieve red carpet-worthy color in the comfort of your own home:
1. Make sure you have had your hair freshly cut (this allows your highlights to look like the sun kissed your hair).
2. Mark your favorite part (side, middle, center, etc.) before highlighting.
3. Keep highlights finer near your scalp and heavier in the ends.
4. Wwipe any excess product off your gloves between hair sections so product does not get dragged onto unwanted areas.
5. Use a timer because it is so easy to get distracted with TV, texting, life!
6. Use a monthly treatment to remove buildup if you use well water as your water system, swim or use a lot of hair smoothing and styling products. This keeps blonde its brightest!
Have a beauty-related that question that you've been dying to ask? Drop us a line at email@example.com.