It's the moment we've all been waiting for. "Project Runway" will kick off its ninth season with 20 new designers (the most in series history) TONIGHT at 9 pm/8c on Lifetime Television.
In the show’s 90-minute format, the new crop of designers will encounter host Heidi Klum, mentor Tim Gunn and judges Michael Kors and Nina Garcia and top-name guest designers and judges from the worlds of fashion, film and television (including Kim Kardashian, Christina Ricci, Zoe Saldana and Malin Akerman, just to name a few) as they face inventive challenges, unexpected eliminations and other surprises along the way.
Here are a few steps to take before tuning in to tonight's episode:
1. Get the scoop on Heidi's "confident" poster shot.
2. Meet the designers (and critique their portfolios).
3. Check out the Season 9 photo galleries.
4. Watch the "Road to the Runway" Casting Special at 8/7c.
5. Make sure to follow @projectrunway (along with tonight's special Twitter guests) to join the live Twitter discussion during tonight's episode.
Plus, be sure to check in to the show site and "Project Runway" blog throughout the week to vote for your favorite designers, watch sneak previews and so much more!
Photo: Robert Erdmann