Funniest Kids Challenge Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Contest Description: The Funniest Kids Challenge ("Contest") begins at 12:00:00AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on Friday, January 21, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59PM (PT) on Monday, April 4, 2011 (“Contest Period”). The Contest consists of eight (8) separate contests (each an, "Individual Contest"). Entrants are invited to upload their funniest kids video ("Video") into one (1) of eight (8) categories (each a "Category"). There are two (2) phases to determine the eight (8) Individual Contest winners: 1) Public Voting and 2) Finalist Judging. For all purposes of this Contest, the Sponsor's computer is the official clock and all times refer to Pacific Time.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to all permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, physically located and residing therein, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of majority under the laws of the jurisdiction in which they reside as of the date of entry. Entrants must have a valid Social Security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number prior to entry. Employees, officers, and directors of A&E Television Networks, LLC ("Sponsor"), Enteractive Solutions Group ("Administrator/ESG"), and those of their respective parent, subsidiary, and related companies, licensees, service providers, web service providers, prize suppliers, advertisers and any other person or entity associated with the Contest (collectively "Contest Entities"), their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents), and/or persons living in the same household (whether or not related) are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. How to Enter:
A. Registration and Login: To register for this Contest, go to www.mylifetime.com/shows/seriously-funny-kids/challenge-app ("Website") from 12:00:00AM (PT) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 until 11:59:59PM (PT) on Monday, February 28, 2011, click on the Contest link or icon and complete and submit the registration form. Information on the registration form consists of entrant's first name, last name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number (including area code), email address and date of birth ("Registration Information"). While registration to participate in this Contest is free, all required Registration Information must be completed in full in order to participate and each entrant ("Entrant and collectively Entrants") must abide by these Official Rules to be eligible to win a prize. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address listed by the Entrant to verify and complete registration. After an Entrant has registered once, Entrant can then login during the Contest Period by visiting the Website, selecting the Contest link or icon and logging in with their email address that was entered and provided in their Registration Information.
B. Video Upload/Submission Period: After registration is confirmed, Entrant will read and agree to the terms and conditions for participation and Video submission. Together with the submission of the Registration Information, and confirmation thereof, Entrants will be able to submit their Video into a category of choice by locating their Video on their computer and then clicking the upload button ("Entry"). Entrants can upload their Video beginning at 12:00:00AM (PT) on Thursday, January 20, 2011 and ending at 11:59:59PM (PT) on Monday, February 28, 2011. Each Entrant may upload their Video to eight (8) Video categories. The categories for each Individual Contest are: (i) Sports, (ii) Travel, (iii) Parents' Jobs/Work, (iv) Pets, (v) Family, (vi) Music, (vii) Play and (viii) School. Note: Videos will not be published to the Website for sharing or voting purposes during the submission period. Limit one (1) Video per Category/per Entrant/email address for the entire Contest Period. Each Video submitted must adhere to the following guidelines:
a. Video must be Entrant's original creation and Entrant must be the sole owner (or has secured all necessary rights relating to use) of property and/or content appearing in the Video;
b. No portion of the Video has been copied in whole or in part from any other work that is not Entrant's own;
c. Video has never been previously published or entered into any competition or contest or won any award prior to submission in this Contest;
d. Video is relevant to the judging criteria (as defined in paragraph 5);
e. Video does not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party or the further consent of any Participant (defined below) for the use of the Video as outlined herein;
f. Video does not contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, threatening, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, invasive of another's privacy, or any other objectionable material or gesture or is otherwise unfit for publication/posting/uploading, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion;
g. Video does not contain, violate or otherwise make available any materials (images, trademarks, logos, etc.) that infringe upon any personal, proprietary or any other right of any third party;
h. Video does not contain the last name, phone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including Entrant;
i. Video does not contain any visual references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof;
j. Video does not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "commercial pitch," promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
k. Video does not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Contest Entities or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with this Contest;
l. Video does not contain any material that: (i) would give or threaten to give rise to criminal or civil liability; (ii) encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or (iii) encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities;
m. Video must be in the English language;
n. Video must be in one of the following formats: WMV, .AVI, .MOV., MPEG or .MP4;
o. Video must not exceed 2GB, which is the maximum file size; and
p. Video must be a minimum of ten seconds (:10) and may not exceed two (2) minutes in total length. If a Video exceeds two (2) minutes in total length, it will be disqualified.
All Videos are subject to verification. No entry by group or organization. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Entries that are not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria (defined in paragraph 5), or are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. As determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Entries that include obscenities, objectionable material, defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party's personal or proprietary rights will be disqualified.
By entering, Entrant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that:
1. ENTRANT HAS BEEN GRANTED PERMISSION IN WRITING FROM EACH AND EVERY PERSON AND/OR THE PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN OF A MINOR WHO APPEARS IN, IS HEARD IN, OR OTHERWISE HAS CONTRIBUTED TO THE VIDEO ENTRY (EACH, A "PARTICIPANT") TO USE SAID PARTICIPANT'S CONTRIBUTION IN THE VIDEO AND GRANTS THE RIGHTS DESCRIBED IN THESE RULES AND ENTRANT CAN AND WILL PROVIDE SUCH WRITTEN DOCUMENTATION (" PARTICIPANT RELEASE") TO SPONSOR DURING THE NOTIFICATION PROCESS (as more fully described in paragraph 7);
2. Entrant has granted Sponsor a nonexclusive license, in perpetuity, to Video and any ideas, concepts, copyrighted material and trademarks contained in the Video and any and all rights to the Video's content become the sole property of Sponsor and may be used by Sponsor without further notice or compensation to Entrant;
3. Entrant has granted Sponsor the unrestricted right to use the Video, each in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, worldwide, including without limitation, the right to publish and display Entrant's Video for purposes of advertising, publicity and/or trade, and the right to edit, modify, change, make derivative works from and/or develop storylines based on Entrant's Video, without additional review, or without the need to pay Entrant, any Participant or any third party or obtain approval from Entrant or any Participant;
4. Entrant's Video, will become the property of the Sponsor and may be used by Sponsor in any manner, at any time, world wide, in whole or in part;
5. Once submitted, the Video becomes the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned;
6. Entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to Sponsor all rights, title, interest, and claim, which he or she now has, or may in the future have to the Video; and
7. Sponsor has no obligation to post Entrant's Video on the Website.
4. Public Voting: Videos will be published to the Website for sharing and voting purposes beginning at 12:00:00AM (PT) on Tuesday, March 1, 2011 and ending at 11:59:59PM (PT) on Monday, April 4, 2011 ("Public Voting Period"). During this time, the public votes for their favorite Video(s) based on the judging criteria (defined in paragraph 5). No registration on the Website is required for someone to vote on a Video. The top five (5) Videos per Category receiving the most votes from the public will be the potential finalists ("Finalists") from which the Judges will select eight (8) winners (one  from each Category). All votes must be received by 11:59:59PM (PT) on Monday, April 4, 2011. Votes received after the Public Voting Period has ended, will not be counted. Limit one (1) vote per Video per IP Address from the public for the entire Contest Period. Any attempt to vote other than as described herein is null and void.
5. Judging: Winners will be selected by a panel of Judges empanelled by Sponsor on or about April 11, 2011 from all eligible Finalists received by the dates specified above, based equally upon the following criteria ("Criteria"):
" Most Creative Video.
" Best Tie-In with Category/Theme.
" Laugh Out Loud Funny.
" Most Original Content.
In the event of a tie for any given Category, an additional "tie-breaker" judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Judges have the right, in their sole discretion, to select fewer than eight (8) winners (or no winners at all) based on an insufficient number or quality of potential eligible Videos received.
6. Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be notified by telephone. Each winner will be required to answer a telephone eligibility questionnaire conducted by the Administrator to determine eligibility for the Prize. If a potential winner cannot be reached after three (3) phone call attempts within a twenty-four (24) hour period; is found to be ineligible; does not comply with these Official Rules; does not return the Affidavit/Release (as applicable and defined below) within seven (7) days; or if Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner(s) will be disqualified and the Entrant whose Video received the next highest votes/score may be declared a potential winner.
7. Affidavits/Participant Releases: Each potential winner may be required to sign, execute, have notarized and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where lawful), a Publicity Release, and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of receipt or such potential winner may be disqualified. Affidavit/Release will include, among other things, a representation of the Video's originality, a grant to Sponsor of all rights to the Video and associated with posting winner's Video on the Website. Each Winner selected from among the Finalists is deemed to be a potential winner until eligibility is verified in accordance with these Official Rules and upon the review of the Registration Information and return and review of the Affidavit/Release (and any other documentation requested) by Sponsor. Each potential winner's Participant(s), may be required to complete and sign a Participant Release which shall include, without limitation, the following representations, warranties and agreements by the applicable Participant(s): (a) Participant is an individual who is pictured, heard, recorded, produced or otherwise participates in or contributes to Entrant's Video; (b) Participant has voluntarily appeared, participated in or contributed to Entrant's Video, and Participant has granted Sponsor the unrestricted right to use said Participant's name, likeness, biography, actions, contributions and stories in Entrant's Video for purposes of the Contest, and for any and all other commercial or non-commercial uses, and all of the foregoing in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, worldwide, including without limitation, the right to publish and display the Video for purposes of advertising, publicity and/or trade, in whole or in part, and the right to edit, change, modify, make derivative works from and/or develop storylines based on the Video without additional review, compensation or approval from said Participant. In the event any Participant is deemed to be a minor in their jurisdiction of residence ("Minor"), Entrant warrants and represents that they have all necessary permission from such Minor's parent/legal guardian ("Parent") for the participation of such Minor in Entrant's Video and the use of such Minor's name, likeness, biography, actions, contributions and stories in Entrant's Video. All legal responsibilities under these Rules of any person deemed to be a Minor are assumed by the Entrant and such Minor's Parent shall complete the Participant Release on the Minor's behalf ) during the notification process if requested.
8. Prizes: Eight (8) Prizes: Each winner will receive a Seriously Funny Kids poster autographed by the host, Heidi Klum ("Prize"). Approximate Retail Value of each Prize: $100.00. ARV of all Prizes: $800.00. Any depiction of the Prize is for illustrative purposes only. There will be no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for the Prize (or prize component), except that Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may substitute a prize (or prize component) of equal value, whether due to the unavailability of the Prize, or for any other reason. Prizes will be shipped to U.S. addresses only. Each winner is solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included. All federal, state, or other taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Any depiction of Prize is for illustration purposes only.
10. Additional Terms and Disclaimers: Contest Entities are not responsible for: (a) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete Entries or other communications; (b) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; (c) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; or (d) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter this Contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Contest Entities disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest and conduct the judging from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action, if any virus, bug, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or other cause outside of Sponsor's control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the Website, if functioning. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant (and all of their Entries) from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies, if Entrant tampers with the entry process or if Entrant's act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of this Contest, in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and warrants that Entrant is eligible to participate in this Contest. In addition each Entrant by participating in this Contest, agrees on Entrant's behalf (and on behalf of Entrant's heirs, assignees, executors and administrators) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the Contest Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind, to persons, or property, including death, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant's participation in this Contest, or any Contest-related activity, or from the award, acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any prize-related activity. Entrants further agree that said Contest Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Each Entrant hereby waives any rights or claims to attorney's fees, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of Entrant, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise. Any claims, judgments and/or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs associated with entering this Contest.
11. Governing Law, Jurisdiction, Arbitration: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (a) the Contest (including without limitation, its administration or technical functionality), (b) the awarding or redemption of a Prize and/or (c) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Under no circumstances will an Entrant be entitled to awards for and Entrant hereby waives any rights or claims to attorney's fees, indirect, special, punitive, incidental or consequential damages of Entrant, whether foreseeable or not and whether based on negligence or otherwise. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this Section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
12. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE, ANY RELATED WEB PAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANYONE MAKING SUCH AN ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Rules/Winners' List: To receive the names of the winners or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope indicating "Winner's List" or "Rules" to: Funniest Kids Challenge c/o P.O. Box 10698 , Burbank, CA 91510. Requests must be received by June 6, 2011. Winners' names will be sent after judging and verification. Winners' names may also be posted on the Website. Official Rules will also be accessible on the Website.
14. Administrator: ESG, P.O. Box 7398, Burbank, CA 91510-7398. Administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prizes.
15. Sponsor: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.
©2011 A&E Television Networks, LLC, All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
All rights reserved.