Project Runway Casting Call Rules
PROJECT RUNWAY SUPERFAN
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. DESCRIPTION: These official rules (“Official Rules”) govern the Superfan Contest (“Contest”), which begins at 2pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 11, 2013 and ends at 11:59pm (ET) on June 24, 2013 (“Contest Period”). All eligibale entrant (each an “Entrant” and collectively, the “Entrants”) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and have reached the age of majority as of the date of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees of Sponsor (as defined below), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives and agents of Sponsor, and each of their respective immediate families and household members are not eligible to enter the Contest. Entrants must be available for the taping in New York between June 28 and July 3, 2013 (with travel and accommodations provided by the Sponsor).
3. HOW TO ENTER: To register for this Contest, go to mylifetime.com shows/project-runway/casting-call (“Website”) during the Contest Period, click on the Contest link or icon and complete the registration form, upload your Superfan video (“Video”), and then submit the form to be judged based upon the judging Criteria (as described herein). Information on the registration form consists of Entrant’s first name, last name, street address (no P.O. Boxes), city, state, zip code, daytime telephone number (including area code), email address and date of birth (“Registration Information”). While registration to participate in this Contest is free, all required Registration Information must be completed in full in order to participate. Entrant must also read and agree to these Official Rules for participation to be eligible to win a prize. Together with the submission of the Registration Information, Entrants must submit their Video by locating their Video on their computer and then clicking the upload button (each an “Entry”, collectively “Entries”). Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address for the entire Contest Period.
4. Videos: Each Video submitted must adhere to the following guidelines:
a) Video must answer the questions: “Why you are a Superfan of Project Runway” and “Why do you deserve a fashion makeover” (“Topic”);
b) Video must be Entrant’s original creation and Entrant must be the sole owner (or has secured all necessary rights relating to use) of property and/or content appearing in the Video;
c) No portion of the Video has been copied in whole or in part from any other work that is not Entrant’s own;
d) Video has never been previously published or entered into any competition or Contest or won any award prior to submission in this Contest;
e) Video is relevant to the judging Criteria;
f) Video does not incorporate or include anything that would require the consent of any third party for the use of the Video as outlined herein;
g) Video does not contain or depict any objectionable, unlawful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, discriminatory, threatening, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, invasive of another’s privacy, or any other objectionable material or gesture or is otherwise unfit for publication/posting/uploading, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion;
h) Video does not contain, violate or otherwise make available any materials (images, trademarks, logos, etc.) that infringe upon any personal, proprietary or any other right of any third party;
i) Video does not contain the last name, phone number(s), address, or email address of any person, including Entrant;
j) Video does not contain any visual references to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof;
k) Video does not contain or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, "commercial pitch," promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
l) Video does not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by any of the Contest Entities or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with this Contest;
m) Video does not contain any material that: (i) would give or threaten to give rise to criminal or civil liability; (ii) encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or (iii) encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities;
n) Video must be in the English language;
o) Video must be in one of the following formats: WMV, AVI, MOV, MPEG4, MPEGPS, 3GPP, WebM, or FLV;
p) Video must be a minimum of ten seconds (:10) and may not exceed two (2) minutes in total length. If a Video exceeds two (2) minutes in total length, it will be disqualified.
All Videos are subject to verification. No entry by group or organization. Proof of delivery or receipt of Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of entry. All other forms of Entry other than what is permissible as described herein is void. Entries that are not reasonably pertinent to the judging Criteria or the Topic, or are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules will be disqualified. As determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Entries that include obscenities, objectionable material, defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal or proprietary rights will be disqualified.
5. JUDGING: Winners will be selected by a panel of Sponsor personnel and the producers of Project Runway (“Judges”) on or about June 20, 2013 from all eligible Entries received by the dates specified above, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest, of which will be based upon the criteria as determined by Sponser, including, without limitation, the following ("Criteria"):
· Knowledge of Project Runway
· Biggest fan of Project Runway
· Deserving of fashion makeover
· Ability to effectively communicate and overall stage presence on Video
Notification of Winners: Potential winners will be notified by email or telephone. Each winner will be required to answer an eligibility questionnaire conducted by the Sponsor to determine eligibility for the Prize. Also, winner must comply with requests for a background check, and complete all necessary forms to accomplish said background check. If a potential winner does not timely respond to Sponsor notification; is found to be ineligible; is found to have criminal record, does not comply with these Official Rules; does not return the Affidavit/Release (as applicable and defined below) within the time specified; or if Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner(s) will be disqualified and the Entrant whose Video received the next score by Judges be declared a potential winner.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING: Approximately seven (7) winners will be chosen to participate in an episode of Project Runway, including being given a fashion makeover and modelling an original design created by a Project Runway designer (selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion) on the runway as part of the design challenge for that particular episode. Winning Entrants will receive travel to the set of Project Runway in or near New York, NY where they will meet with the designers and model the designs for the judges who will then determine the winning and losing designers for that particular challenge. Winning Entrants will receive one (1) roundtrip coach ticket on an airline selected by Sponsor between each Entrant’s hometown and New York City, hotel accommodations in or near New York City, ground transportation in New York City; the Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the foregoing Prizes is dependant on each winning Entrant’s hometown. Additional prize restrictions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Odds of winning depend upon the number and quality of eligible Entries received. All Prizes will be awarded (assuming a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and, after reasonable attempts, winners are verified). The Prize winner(s) may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any non-monetary prize for money. Prize winners are responsible for all costs and expenses not expressly provided for above, including, without limitation, additional meals, incidentals, additional ground transportation, souvenirs, tips, telephone calls or other personal expenses or hotel charges incurred during the trip. All federal, state and local taxes as well as all other costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize winners must be able to travel between June 28, 2013 through July 3, 2013 to visit New York City to be eligible to accept the Prize.
7. RIGHTS IN VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of Entrant's Video being reviewed and evaluated for this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor, its licensees and assignees, the exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Video, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of television and all forms of Internet and wireless protocol. Each Entrant authorizes the Sponsor and any entities affiliated or in privity with the Sponsor to utilize, in perpetuity and in any manner they see fit, the Video submitted to Sponsor, and to make derivative works from such materials solely in connection with the Contest (i.e., to create promotional materials). Each Entrant releases Sponsor, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith. Each Entrant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Contest, including, without limitation, the Entrant's decision to provide the Entrant's Video submission to Sponsor for purposes of the Contest, shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between Sponsor and Entrant, does not place Sponsor in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the Entrant's video submission, and that the only contracts, express or implied, between Sponsor and Entrant are as set forth in these Official Rules and the release forms. The Prize winners may be required to complete and execute additional documents and have third parties execute Sponsor's documents in connection with the rights granted to Sponsor as a condition of Prize acceptance. In addition, by participating in the Contest and submitting a Video, each Entrant hereby grants permission (except where prohibited by law) for the Sponsor to use Entrant's Video, name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, photograph and/or image for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further notice, permission, compensation or consideration in any and all media now known or hereafter developed throughout the universe, unless prohibited by law. Except as required by law or permitted pursuant to these Contest Official Rules, Sponsor will not share an Entrant's information with any third parties.
8. USE OF ENTRANT INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES: By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees that, unless Entrant otherwise opts out on the Website, Sponsor and its designees may use Entrant’s, physical and/or e-mail address to contact Entrant regarding Sponsor’s programming and other offers and/or promotions that Sponsor believes may interest Entrant.
9. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar or identical to the ideas or stories that may be embodied in the Video. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor's use of any such similar or identical material. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor's actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Video, Project Runway or any other production, and the Entrant's rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
10. RIGHTS OF SPONSOR / DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Sponsor shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or transmit, or cease to air or transmit any Video for any reason whatsoever, regardless of whether such Entrant is a Prize winner and participates in an episode of Project Runway. Sponsor also reserves the right to replace any Prize winner’s Video with the Video of an alternate eligible Entrant in accordance with these Official Rules if such Video and/or Entrant is withdrawn from or removed from the Contest for any reason, including without limitation, Entrant's failure to have Sponsor's documents executed by sucxh Entrant or any third parties. Sponsor also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest for any reason in the event that there is an error, malfunction, problem or other cause which impacts the operation, administration or security of the Contest or the Sponsor and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from the eligible Entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for any materials provided by Entrants which are deemed harmful or offensive to others or for any harm incurred as a result of the Video's creation. The Sponsor is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in the Videos transmitted on the website or on television. The Sponsor makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content or the accuracy or reliability of any information or statements contained in the Videos. All statements and opinions made by Entrants are those of such Entrants only, and the Sponsor neither endorses nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same. This site may also be linked to websites operated by companies affiliated with Sponsor. Visitors to those sites should refer to each site's separate privacy policies and practices.
11. WARRANTY: It is an express condition of submission and eligibility that each Entrant warrants and represents that Entrant's Video is solely owned by Entrant and solely created by Entrant for the purpose of entering this Contest, and that no other party has any rights or interest in the Videos. Entrant further represents and warrants that the Videos and any use thereof by the Sponsor or any partners, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law intellectual property right (including, without limitation, any copyright) under U.S. and international laws and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of any third party.
12 INDEMNITY: Entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and any promotional partner(s) of the Contest, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Entrant's representations, warranties or obligations herein.
13. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By participating, each Entrant agrees that the Sponsor, any Contest promotional partner, their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated entities, and each of their respective employees, agents, representatives, shareholders, officers, and directors ("Released Parties") are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected or otherwise undeliverable mail, postage-due notices, release forms, affidavits or other correspondence; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (iii) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (iv) any printing, human, typographical or other errors or ambiguities in (or involving) any materials associated with the Contest; (v) any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and action of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Contest; (vi) acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage arising there from; and (vii) claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the Contest at any time for any reason, including, without limitation, if a computer virus, bug or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Contest, strikes, lock-outs, acts of God, technical difficulties, and other events not within the reasonable control of Sponsor.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE CONTEST HOMEPAGE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Contest is void outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter this Contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and warrants that entrant is eligible to participate in this Contest.
15. NAMES OF WINNER(S): To obtain a list of names of Prize winner(s), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Project Runway Superfan Contest Winner(s) Name Request, A&E Television Networks, LLC, 111 Eighth Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10011, Attn: Digital Media Department. All requests must be received on or before December 31, 2013. Names of Prize winner(s) will be sent after the episode of Project Runway in which the winner(s) participate is initially aired. Names of Prize winner(s) may also be available on www.mylifetime.com after such date.
16. SPONSOR: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017, Runway Productions, Inc., The Weinstein Company LLC, Bunim-Murray Productions, LLC, and M Cable Television, Inc.