Thursdays at 9/8c
The Project Runway Blog
Category: "project runway"
With so much fun stuff to dig into on the site, we thought you might want a bit of a road map of what to hit up first this morning:
1. Hated that look sent down the runway or loved it so much you want one in your closet? Let your voice be heard on Rate the Runway! But first take a closer look at the final designs by zooming in on the details, and get a view of all the angles before deciding who should be in or out.
2. Want more Tim Gunn? Of course you do! Go to Tim Gunn's Workroom and see him mentor each and every designer from this week's episode. Watch workroom footage of him that wasn't on the show!
3. Go to the designer portfolios and check out the full sketches and additional concepts the contestants tossed out before they started to sew. Compare their drawings side by side to the final garments they sent down the runway. We'll be updating portfolios weekly with work from their challenges, so keep checking back.
4. Play on! Have some fun with the "Project Runway" dress-up game, where you're the fashion stylist. Dress up the models using the actual designs from each episode. Create custom closets all season long!
5. Did the models work that runway or need to work on their walks? Rate the walk now. Watch videos of their performances and decide for yourself! Remember that this is a competition for the models of the runway too.
6. Blogs, blogs, blogs! Designers Chris March, Andraé Gonzalo and Nick Verreos from past seasons are fired up and ready to write about "Runway"! Check out their "Project Runway" blogs to see their takes on the show, and don't miss judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors have at it in their exclusive video blogs. Watch them review the best and the worst of the bunch.
7. If you think the judges didn't hold back this week, wait till you see what didn't make it into the episode! Watch extended judging videos and see more of the deliberating among Heidi, Nina, Michael and guest judge Lindsay Lohan.
9. Join the "Project Runway" community of show fans! Start discussions, create fashion face-offs, vote on polls and much more. It's the only place to talk about the show!
10. Someone's gotta go. Watch exit interviews of contestants as they say farewell to "Runway," and celebrate with each challenge's winner as they claim the week's ultimate design.
Don't miss Heidi Klum when she drops by ABC's "Regis and Kelly" Friday, July 17 at 9 am et/pt! She'll be chatting about upcoming seasons of "Project Runway," "Models of the Runway" and the very exciting "The Project Runway All-Star Challenge." Check your local listings for channel information.
Finally! “Project Runway” is back. Starting August 20 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Lifetime, 16 new designers are ready to compete for a chance to show their design skills at Fashion Week.
And to get everyone ready for the show’s premiere, we’re unveiling the new crop of “Project Runway designers” and introducing them to you with more access than ever before. Get a personal tour of their homes, watch their audition tapes, snag a fashion tip or two, see their casting sessions and look inside their closets. We’re rolling out 80 video clips — five per designer — so you can start to judge who you think will make the cut right away.
We also have more than 40 galleries in our “Project Runway” photos section that show each designer’s journey from kid fashionista to the “Runway.” And, most importantly (and most awesomely), check out the designers’ portfolios for their sketches and designs and to find out what makes them tick ... their inspirations from music to choice fabrics to the style icons they love.
In case you happen to forget when the big premiere date is happening (for shame!), we’ve got you covered. Our “Project Runway” Season 6 countdown clock is here for you to grab and proudly display on your blogs or favorite social networking sites like Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, give us a shout on the official “Project Runway” Facebook page and stay in the know with tweets from Twitter, so you’ll never miss the latest updates.
And once Season 6 begins, we promise you’ll experience “Project Runway” like never before online. Here’s a little peek at what’s coming: Detailed critiques from Tim Gunn on every design … every episode. Designer sketches for every design … every episode. Extended judges’ feedback on every design … every episode. And that’s just the beginning. With new fashion games, a souped-up version of Rate the Runway, a sweepstakes for the chance to win $25,000 and meet Tim Gunn, a community that will let you talk about the show and comment in all kinds of ways about the designs, a designer scorecard and more. You won’t be disappointed!
So welcome to The “Project Runway” Blog, only on myLifetime.com! Is it August 20, yet?