LOS ANGELES, CA (August 21, 2009) – After battling it out in the workroom and on the catwalk, 28-year-old designer Daniel Vosovic is named the winner of Lifetime Television's two-hour special, "Project Runway: All Star Challenge." The challenge brought fan favorites Chris March, Jeffrey Sebelia, Korto Momolu, Mychael Knight, Santino Rice, Sweet P Vaughn, Uli Herzner and Vosovic needle to needle as they showed off their design skills to create a "four collection look" under the watchful eye of mentor Tim Gunn. Their creations were judged by supermodel and host Heidi Klum, top fashion designer Michael Kors, fashion director for Marie Claire Magazine Nina Garcia and guest judge/designer Diane Von Furstenberg.
Vosovic walks away with a $100,000 cash prize furnished by L’Oreal Paris and Garnier Fructis and the ultimate bragging rights as the "Project Runway: All-Star Challenge" winner. Vosovic, Season 2 runner-up, will unveil his first collection during New York Fashion Week in February 2010 and recently published the book "Fashion Inside Out" which provides a thoughtful overview of the fashion design process from start to finish.
• Check out "Project Runway: All-Star Challenge" photos now to see the winning and losing designs, and behind-the-scenes workroom pictures.
• Buy Daniel's book "Fashion Inside Out" online.
With so much fun stuff to dig into on the site, we thought you might want a bit of a road map of what to hit up first this morning:
1. Hated that look sent down the runway or loved it so much you want one in your closet? Let your voice be heard on Rate the Runway! But first take a closer look at the final designs by zooming in on the details, and get a view of all the angles before deciding who should be in or out.
2. Want more Tim Gunn? Of course you do! Go to Tim Gunn's Workroom and see him mentor each and every designer from this week's episode. Watch workroom footage of him that wasn't on the show!
3. Go to the designer portfolios and check out the full sketches and additional concepts the contestants tossed out before they started to sew. Compare their drawings side by side to the final garments they sent down the runway. We'll be updating portfolios weekly with work from their challenges, so keep checking back.
4. Play on! Have some fun with the "Project Runway" dress-up game, where you're the fashion stylist. Dress up the models using the actual designs from each episode. Create custom closets all season long!
5. Did the models work that runway or need to work on their walks? Rate the walk now. Watch videos of their performances and decide for yourself! Remember that this is a competition for the models of the runway too.
6. Blogs, blogs, blogs! Designers Chris March, Andraé Gonzalo and Nick Verreos from past seasons are fired up and ready to write about "Runway"! Check out their "Project Runway" blogs to see their takes on the show, and don't miss judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors have at it in their exclusive video blogs. Watch them review the best and the worst of the bunch.
7. If you think the judges didn't hold back this week, wait till you see what didn't make it into the episode! Watch extended judging videos and see more of the deliberating among Heidi, Nina, Michael and guest judge Lindsay Lohan.
9. Join the "Project Runway" community of show fans! Start discussions, create fashion face-offs, vote on polls and much more. It's the only place to talk about the show!
10. Someone's gotta go. Watch exit interviews of contestants as they say farewell to "Runway," and celebrate with each challenge's winner as they claim the week's ultimate design.
Today is the Christmas of all "Runway" days! Here's what's waiting to be unwrapped:
• 8 pm et/pt: The "Project Runway: All-Star Challenge". Eight of your favorite past designers are going for the ultimate bragging rights.
• An All-Star Line Up of "Runway" Bloggers: Andrae Gonzalo (Season 2), Nick Verreos (Season 2) and Chris March (Season 4).
• The Make It Work Sweepstakes: A shot at weekly cash prizes, and a grand prize of $25,000 and lunch with Tim Gunn in NYC.
• Tim Gunn Phone Call: Have Tim Gunn call your dentist, your ex, your co-workers, with a customized message and a reminder to watch the premiere tonight!
• Designer Portfolios: School yourself on the 16 designers' work before they hit the air. Come back each week to see their creations on the show.
• 10 pm et/pt: The premiere of "Project Runway" Season 6 is here. Finally!
• Meet the Models: Check out the modeling books and watch closet tours from the ladies on "Models of the Runway".
• Get Social: Check "Project Runway" out on Facebook and Twitter to find the latest and the greatest show fan chat on the 'Net.
• 11 pm et/pt: "Models of the Runway" series premiere! Get to know these ladies of the runway like never before with their very own show.
If you missed last night's episode of "The Daily Show," you missed a good one. Why? Tim Gunn, of course.
Tim reveals why L.A. weather is not for him (cause it's just too perfect), calms Jon Stewart's fears that Heidi will have to change her catch phrases on Season 6 ("Sometimes you're in, but then you're not so in?") and reveals his new found superhero powers.
Don't miss Tim Gunn and Nina Garcia when they drop by ABC's "Good Morning America" tomorrow, Wednesday, August 19 at 8:30 am et/pt to dish on "Project Runway" Season 6. Then, catch Tim again on ABC on "Regis and Kelly" at 9 am et/pt!
Check your local listings for channel information.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network Are Moving!
Attention, Time Warner Cable Customers! Lifetime and Lifetime Movie Network are changing channels.
If you are a Time Warner customer in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn or Staten Island, you will see the following changes to your channel line-up tomorrow, August 19:
Lifetime is moving from channel 12 to channel 62.
Lifetime Movie Network is moving from channel 62 to channel 80.
If you TiVo or DVR a Lifetime show, please reset the recordings so you don't miss your favorite show!
The move happens tomorrow, August 19!
With so many past "Runway" designers in one room, there's gotta be some drama! Watch a new preview of the "Project Runway: All-Star Challenge," kicking off a night of "Runway" premieres on Thursday at 8 pm et/pt, followed by the premiere of "Project Runway" Season 6 at 10 pm et/pt and "Models of the Runway" at 11 pm et/pt.
Hurry up and enter the "Make It Work Sweepstakes"! You have a shot at a weekly cash prize of $1000 and a L'Oréal and Garnier beauty gift basket, or the fab grand prize of $25,000 cash, a L'Oréal and Garnier beauty gift basket, and a trip for two to New York City to have lunch with Tim Gunn himself!
Tune into NBC's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" tonight, Thursday, August 13 at 12:35 am et/pt as Tim Gunn visits to talk about Season 6 of "Project Runway" on Lifetime.
Want more Tim on your TV this week? He'll be guest starring on Lifetime's "Drop Dead Diva" on Sunday at 10 pm et/pt!