Where Are They Now?: Ping Wu, Season 7
"Project Runway" Season 7 designer Ping Wu made her mark as one of the more colorful characters from her season. Whether it was her lax design style (Fitting her own body instead of a dress form? Excessive fabric use?) or her workroom showdown with team challenge partner Jesse LeNoir, she certainly stood out!
Since her "Project Runway" farewell, Ping says she "has continued building relationships with high end boutique stores in major cities across the country, and [is] looking forward to working with a reputable showroom in NYC in January."
"I am moving to California during the winter season. I hope this experience will bring some new inspiration to my work and life. I'm looking forward to my return trips to Paris and some Scandinavian countries next year, too. I might accept the offer I had postponed for in a Buddhist temple in southwest China during the summertime."
Want to see Ping's latest work in person? Check out these upcoming dates and locations:
• Nov. 19-21: Washington Craft Show, Washington, D.C.
• Dec. 2-5: One of A Kind Show, Chicago, IL
• April 14-17: 29th Smithsonian Craft Show, National Building Museum, Washington, D.C.
• Jan. 21-23: LA Gift Show, Los Angeles, CA
• Jan 29-Feb 3: New York International Gift Show, NYC, NY