Thursdays at 9.8c
Instead of doing a normal recap of this week's episode, I thought I would channel my inner David Letterman and do a Top 10 list (in no particular order) of Episode 9's highlights (and lowlights):
10. Two words: Elie Tahari. Did anyone else form a mini-crush on the designer after the episode? He's adorable. Not to mention that his story of how he made it was inspiring and I'm pretty sure if you were to look in your closet, you would find that you own at least one thing by him. I know I do. (Or several dozen.)
9. Elie's fabric floor. It was like Mood on crack.
8. Joshua's pink and yellow shorts.
7. Meeting Anthony Ryan's boyfriend, Matthew. He skipped Beer Thursday at work to talk to AR. Now that's love.
6. Uli's love affair with white. I feel like it's one of those "If it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of things. She knows what she likes and what she's good at. I'm glad she didn't have enough money for the vest because I think the clean simplicity of her dress is what made it stand out in the sea of color.
5. Ivy's fabric. Ugh! I hate that she didn't listen to Elie's criticism to make the dress shorter. She could have had something beautiful walk the runwaythe fabric could have done all the talking. A shorter dress would have screamed Elie Tahari and fit perfectly with his designs. I do respect her integrity as a designer, but there has to be some sort of compromise.
4. "It looks like she has a dump in her butt." Poor Joshua. The guy never wins a challenge. At least he realizes that he has issues with editing. (Ahem, the zipper.)
3. Stacy Keibler as a guest judge. I certainly hope George Clooney tuned in to this week's episode!
2. Casanova's (virtual) return! He's like a mini-budha with his words of wisdom to Ivy.
1. I'm starting to believe that it's Anthony Ryan's fashion world and we're just lemmings gracing the catwalk. I mean, is there a challenge the guy hasn't won?!
Bonusthis episode's takeaway value: All love, no fear.
What was your favorite moment from Episode 9?