"Mom's Cooking": Spaghetti With Meatballs and Gravy, Stuffed Mushrooms, Stuffed Peppers and Struffoli
Learn how to make the delicious recipes featured on "Mom's Cooking." Watch "Mom's Cooking" weekdays at 11 and 11:30 am et/pt.
Gravy (Approx. 8 servings):
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cans of water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil to taste
- Add enough olive oil to cover bottom of pot.
- Heat over low flame.
- Dice 3 garlic cloves, and brown in olive oil.
- Add crushed tomatoes, then water; stir.
- Add sugar and basil.
Meatballs (Yields 17 meatballs):
- 1 pound sirloin chop meat
- 4 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Locatelli romano cheese
- Place chop meat in bowl. Add eggs, some parsley, chopped garlic, salt, and bread crumbs, and mix together.
- Roll meat into rounded balls. One pound of meat should yield 17 meatballs.
- Cover bottom of frying pan with corn oil, turn to Medium-High, fry for about three minutes until browned.
- Add fried meatballs to gravy, simmer for four hours.