Lettuce-Wrapped Ginger Pork (Dae-Gee Bul-go-kee)
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons, prepared chili paste (koh-chu-chang)
- 2 teaspoons, spicy red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup, soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons, sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons, honey
- 3/4 cup, brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 knobs (thumb-size) of ginger root, grated/ground
- 1 kiwi, pureed
- 1/4 pealed Asian pear, pureed
- sliced fresh ginger (10-12 pieces)
- Peel and chop Asian pear and kiwi. Add soy sauce and place in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Grind garlic and ginger.
- In a mixing bowl, add chili paste and fruit mixture and ground garlic and ginger, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, brown sugar, honey and mix.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 3 lbs. thinly-sliced, bite-sized pork, (1/2 lb of meat per person)
- 10 thin slices of fresh ginger
- Massage marinade into the meat by hand. Add slices of fresh ginger.
- Marinade for a minimum of 30 – 60 minutes. Cover grill with aluminum foil.
- Place meat flat on the grill- make sure not to layer meat. Cover and grill on high for 10 minutes. Turn meat over, and cook for 5 more minutes until brown.
Serve with brown rice and lettuce wrap with koh-chu-chang dip.