Calories per serving: 315
1/2 pound pizza dough, defrosted if frozen
1/2 pound skim ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon sugar, plus extra for garnish (about 1 teaspoon)
1/3 cup chocolate chips
2 tablespoons dried cherries
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon skim milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment, and spray the paper well with cooking spray.
3. Spray an additional sheet of parchment with cooking spray.
4. Divide the dough into 4 round balls; do not overwork. Set aside.
5. In a small bowl mix together the ricotta, egg, sugar, chocolate chips, dried cherries and cinnamon.
6. Place the dough on the additional sheet of parchment and, using rolling pin or fingers, stretch the dough to make a thin circle. Using a spatula or large spoon, divide the cheese mixture into equal portions. Place the portion slightly off-center and brush the edges with a bit of water. Fold the dough over the cheese, gently pressing out any air pockets, and seal well. Transfer to baking sheet.
7. Brush the calzone with the milk, and sprinkle with additional sugar if desired.
8. Bake for 25 minutes and serve.