Cheese, Vegetable and Bacon Frittata
Cheese, Vegetable and Bacon FrittataMake this "Cook Yourself Thin" recipe.
Calories per serving: 209
6 large eggs
1/4 cup low-fat (1-percent) milk
1/4 pound bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
Olive oil spray
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup white onion, diced
1/2 cup asparagus, sliced into 1/2-inch sticks
1 large zucchini, sliced into half-moons
1/2 cup assorted mushrooms, sliced thinly
1/4 cup tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. Turn broiler on to low setting. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, bacon and grated Romano. Set aside.
2. Heat a medium nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil. Add the minced garlic and chopped onion, and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add asparagus and zucchini to pan. Saute 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, and freshly chopped basil, oregano and thyme, and saute for another 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the bottom has set and browned.
5. Place the frittata into the oven and broil until golden and fluffy. Remove from pan and cut into 6 portions.