Calories per slice: 173
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
2 large eggs
3 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
6 walnut halves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly spray 9-x-5-x-3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
4. With a standing mixer or handheld mixer, cream the butter and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Lower the speed to medium, add the molasses and eggs, and mix until just combined. Add the bananas and mix until well combined.
5. Lower the speed, and slowly add the flour mixture until just combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the chopped walnuts and transfer to the loaf pan. Decorate the top of the loaf with the walnut halves.
6. Bake for 1 hour or 1 hour 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes away clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Gently run a knife around the edges and remove from pan, then cool upright on rack.