Lifetime Celebrates Black History Month
“Betty & Coretta” starring Angela Bassett and Mary J. Blige, tells the dual stories of Coretta Scott King and Dr. Betty Shabazz, wives of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X, as they create a lifelong bond while inheriting the mantle of the civil rights movement after their husbands' tragic assassinations.
Dr. Betty Shabazz’s daughter, Ilyasah Shabazz, reveals how her mother triumphed in the face of adversity with the help of other leading ladies of the civil rights movement. Read more about Dr. Betty Shabazz's life now.
In Lifetime's contemporary version of the beloved stage play and 1989 film, Steel Magnolias chronicles the lives and friendship of six women in Louisiana; supporting each other through their triumphs and tragedies and learning to cope together when touched by diabetes. Diabetes affects the lives of 25.8 million people in the United States, roughly 8.3% of the population. To raise awareness and provide families with support, the following organizations work to help those touched by diabetes.
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children serves as the nation’s leading resource on the issues of missing and sexually exploited children. For online safety resources and information or call 1-800-THE-LOST.
Mental illness impacts the lives of at least one in four adults and one in 10 children, roughly 60 million Americans. To raise awareness and provide families with resources for support, Lifetime reached out the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
For more information on mental illness, visit the NAMI, dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
In partnership with The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy, Lifetime will provide discussion guides for parents and teens.
Get the facts about teen pregnancy and visit the resource page online.
- Download the FIVE Discussion Guide featuring an exclusive message from executive producer Kristin Hahn.
- Read the facts about breast cancer in the U.S.
- Dr. Susan Love is a researcher, educator and advocate. Find out what she's doing to find the cause of breast cancer, and how you can help by joining Army of Women.
- Lifetime proudly salutes our members of the FIVE Coalition, who are providing support, resources and ways for all to take action in the fight to stop breast cancer.
- View the exclusive PSA from "FIVE" directors and cast.
- Watch Dr. Jill Biden, Jennifer Aniston and Secretary Kathleen Sebelius visit the Inova Breast Care Center.
- Demi Moore urges all to join in the fight to stop breast cancer in this PSA.
- Lifetime Moms used social media to support the Army of Women, a program of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, and help reach their goal of recruiting 1 million women.
- Nonprofit organizations and educators can order copies of the film.
- Download online Discussion Guides for Parents and Teens to get the facts and find out how to apply the lessons of the movie "Girl Fight" to your life.
- Get more information about bullying, violence and prevention resources.
- Dating websites are a popular way for singles to find each other, but there are risks involved. Find out how to safely meet someone online and avoid dangerous situations.
- Take charge of your safety when shopping, selling, and meeting with people you found online. Get valuable Internet safety tips from the experts at WiredSafety.
In partnership with nonprofit organizations Break the Cycle and Loveisrespect.org, the Lifetime Original Movie "Reviving Ophelia" has inspired a national dialogue about the prevention of teen dating violence and harassment. Check out these helpful resources:
- The telltale warning signs of abuse
- 24/7 hotline numbers and organizations
- Dating abuse callout cards
- How to end abusive relationships
- Download discussion guides for parents and teens
To raise awareness and provide educational tools for prevention, Lifetime partnered with The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy to provide free educational resources for both parents and teens. The custom Parent Discussion Guide and a separate Teen Discussion Guide to the film, encourage open and honest dialogues between teens and the adults in their lives — a simple strategy that is proven to impact teen pregnancy.
Watch Camryn Manheim's exclusive Pregnancy Pact PSA encouraging open dialogue with teens about sex and pregnancy.