Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES OVERVIEW: During the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below), you can participate in the Sweepstakes by voting whether Lizzie Borden was guilty of murdering her parents on the Lizzie Borden Premiere webpage (the "Website").
2. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must be: (i) a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; and (ii) eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. A&E Television Networks, LLC (“Sponsor”), Civic Entertainment Group, LLC (“Administrator”), all prize providers associated with the Sweepstakes and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, divisions (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families and members of their household are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
3. WEEKLY ENTRY PERIOD: The “Sweepstakes Period” begins at 12:00:00 a.m.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes you must (a) visit the Website (including by clicking on a Sweepstakes banner advertisement); (b) vote on whether Lizzie Borden was guilty of murdering her parents by clicking “Lizzie is Innocent” or “Lizzie is Guilty”; and (c) enter your e-mail address in the Sweepstakes entry form as instructed.
Each vote along with the e-mail address submitted on the Website during the Sweepstakes Period shall be hereinafter referenced as an “Entry,” or collectively, as the “Entries.” Entrants may submit up to fifteen (15) Entries per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Entry must be submitted in accordance with the online directions during the Sweepstakes Period. Any entrant found using multiple e-mail addresses to enter or participate within this Sweepstakes will be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and all posted entries will be disqualified. All properly completed Entries will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes.Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. Incomplete, corrupted, false, late, illegible, forged or altered registration forms will be disqualified. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the applicable e-mail address used to enter.
5. DRAWING, NOTIFICATION AND ODDS: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to select one (1) potential winner (each, a “Potential Winner”) after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. The Potential Winner will be notified on or before January 22, 2014 via e-mail and will have two (2) days to respond. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZING: One (1) winner will receive a three- (3-) day, two- (2-) night trip for winner and one (1) guest to Fall River, Massachusetts to visit and stay at the Borden Bed and Breakfast, the childhood home of Lizzie Borden. The guest traveler should be at least eighteen (18) years of age and if the winner is under twenty-one (21), the guest must be his/her parent or legal guardian. Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare to and from a major gateway airport nearest winner’s home city (as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion), double occupancy standard hotel accommodations for two (2) nights at the Borden Bed and Breakfast and a cash gift card of One Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) or the same amount in cash to cover meals and ground transportation. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is Four Thousand Dollars ($4,000). Total ARV of all prizes: $4,000.00. Actual retail value will depend on each winner’s place of residence and air flight fluctuations. Winner will not receive difference between ARV and actual retail value.
7. WINNER VERIFICATION AND PRIZE CONDITIONS: Before Potential Winner will be deemed the winner, he/she will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a publicity release (except where prohibited) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including IRS Form W-9 (collectively, “Prize Verification Forms”), within two (2) days from the date Sponsor provided the Prize Verification Forms to the Potential Winner, or the Potential Winner will be subject to disqualification. If Potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, or is unable to be notified, cannot be contacted or does not respond to prize notification within two (2) days, if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable or in the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Potential Winner will be randomly selected from all of the remaining eligible Entries received. If Sponsor is unable to award the prize after two (2) attempts, the prize will not be awarded.
Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer any prize or redeem any non-monetary prize in lieu of his/her prize. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize (or prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of prize and is not responsible for prize utility or otherwise. All federal, state, local or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and any meals, gratuities, travel upgrades and any other unspecified expenses arising from acceptance and use of the prize associated with the Sweepstakes will be solely the responsibility of the winner. A valid street address (no P.O. Boxes) located within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia is required for prize delivery.
Prize travel must be booked with Administrator’s assistance by August 31, 2014, and travel must take place by December 31, 2014 or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate. Dates of travel are otherwise at each winner’s discretion. If winner declines the prize, he or she will not be eligible to receive any substitute prize. In the case of unavailability of a prize or portion thereof, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Winner’s travel companion must be of the age of majority unless winner is travel companion’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary and travel companion must sign a travel release prior to ticketing. Sponsor is not liable for delays, cancellation or unforeseen events related to any flight. Winner and travel companion will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the prize. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to a winner’s proximity to Fall River, Massachusetts, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes and to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action, if any computer virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or any other cause outside of Released Parties’ control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the Website, if functioning.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND GOVERNING LAW: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, expenses, costs or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) any typographical or other error in the printing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected Entries, e-mails or other communications; (c) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; (d) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; (e) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages; or (f) any problems or technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entries to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or any website (including the Website), or any combination thereof, including without limitation any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means, including but not limited to online or text message Entries, will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of their Sweepstakes Entries) from the Sweepstakes and/or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies, if entrant is in violation of these Official Rules, tampers with the entry process, acts in an unsportsmanlike manner or where an act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes, in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PRIZE AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEYS’ FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
The Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE WEBSITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THOSE MAKING SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. NAME OF WINNER AND OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the winner or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Lizzie Borden Premiere Sweepstakes: Winner Name Request,” Civic Entertainment Group, LLC,450 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016. All requests must be received before March 31, 2014. The name of the winner will be sent after selection and verification of the winner. Vermont residents may omit return postage on requests.
13. SPONSOR: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.
14. ADMINISTRATOR: Civic Entertainment Group, LLC,450 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10016.